You are not making perception anyway
They Rely On Us!
• DISCUSS THE ARMY'S ARMY DECISION
AND HOW THE UNIT WILL TRANSLATE THE
COMMANDER'S INTENT INTO ORDERS, WITH
WHICH WILL ALLOW SUBORDINATES TO
EXECUTE WITHIN THE INTENT.
Role from the Command & Staff
• Issue Primary Guidance
• Approve Restated Mission
• Issue Initial Cdr's Intent
• Issue Cdr's Preparing
• Approve Initial CCIR
• Refine Organizing Guidance
• Say yes to COA
• Refine CDR Intent as well as CCIR
STEP FOUR COA EVALUATION
• Agree to OPLAN as well as OPORD
PERFORMANCE AND ASSESSMENT
• Advantages of MDMP
MDMP is a in depth, deliberate, and sequential process
used once adequate planning time and enough staff
support are available to thoroughly examine numerous
friendly and opponent courses of action
– It produces the best integration, skill, and
harmonisation for an operation and minimizes the risk of
overlooking a critical part of the procedure
– That results in reveal operation purchase or procedure plan
• The disadvantage of using the complete MDMP is that
it is a time consuming process
• MDMP is the technique of analyzing a great order,
expanding and evaluating Courses of Actions
(COA), picking one, and producing a great order.
• Participants in the act are typically the
Commander, CofS, OPS SGM, selected Staff
personnel via G/S-2, G/S-3, Protection Cell,
Sustainment Cell, and Plans Cells in which
• Goal should be to produce a functional order based upon
Receipt of Mission
BIGGER HQ PROGRAM OR ORDER
OR A FRESH MISSION EXPECTED
BY THE COMMANDER
CDR'S INITIAL ADVICE
INITIAL ALLOWANCE OF TIME
NOTIFY THE STAFF & KEY MEMBERS
GATHER THE EQUIPMENT
UPDATE RUNNING ESTIMATES
PERFORM INITIAL ANALYSIS
Receipt of Mission
What direction to go????
installment payments on your
Alert the staff.
Gather the tools.
Update Working Estimates.
Carry out an initial analysis.
Issue Cdr's Initial Advice.
Issue WARNO #1 to subordinate units.
ALERT THE STAFF
• Current operations integration cell alerts the staff
of pending preparing requirement.
• Unit SOP should determine members of planning
personnel who participate in mission analysis.
• Current operations integration cell notifies other
army, civilian, and host nation organizations of
pending preparing events as required.
COLLECT THE TOOLS
• Appropriate Discipline Manuals.
• Documents related to mission and Area of Functions (AO) – including the HHQ OPLAN/OPORD, Roadmaps, Terrain Products, and
• Intelligence and Assessment goods.
• Estimations and items of different military/civilian agencies and companies.
• Suitable SOP (Own/HHQ).
• Current Running Estimates.
• Design products and strategy (if developed).
UPDATE PERSONNEL ESTIMATES
Friendly force position.
Enemy activities and functions.
Conclusions and recommendations.
Will be continuously up-to-date throughout the quest.
FM 5-0, App G
UPDATE STAFF ESTIMATES
• Running quotes depend on a staff section's practical area • All staff sections other than the intellect section have got a similar perspective: they focus on friendly COAs and their
• Quotes consider both quantifiable as well as the intangible areas of military procedures.
• Estimations translate friendly and opponent strengths,...
A WORKSHOP PRESENTATION BY SIMPLY UKAOBI JESSICA CHINYERE TOPIC: TACTICAL LEADERSHIP AND DECISION-MAKING: INTEGRITY AND VALUES APRIL, 2010 INTRODUCTION Ideals and integrity…...
White ideas of enslavement by The united kingdom: In the wake of the Stamps Act turmoil, some People in the usa began to speak and talk about a story by…...
п»ї Learning styles and effective study habits My personal top scores from the applying multiple intelligence to enhance studying and learning tutorial was musical/rhythm, intrapersonal, and sociable.…...